History of the notary firm Gampert Demierre Moreno
This notary firm, one of the oldest and most reputable in Geneva, was first established at 20, rue de la Cité, then at 1, Boulevard Georges-Favon and from 1959 at 19, rue du Général-Dufour.
Its founder, Pierre Adolphe Gampert, born in 1828, was well known as a notary but also as a member of the Grand Conseil (Geneva's parliament) and a director of the Caisse d'Epargne. He was a notary from 1857 until his death in 1901, and associated with his son Albert from 1889.
Albert Gampert was first a lawyer before becoming a notary. During his long and distinguished career as a notary, he was also a member of the municipal governing body of the city of Geneva for 12 years (from 1907 to 1919), federal expert for the organisation of land registers and for the revision of the Obligations Code, and drafter of the tax law on holding companies.
When Albert Gampert passed away in 1929, his partner Paul Naville continued the firm's activities by joining Jean-René Gampert as a partner in 1936. Olivier Gampert joined the firm in 1972. Both of them were mayors of Cologny.
Over the years, the firm has secured the association of various renowned notaries such as Gustave Lasserre, Albert Choisy, Robert Martin, Henri Picot, Edmond Binet, Aymon Rilliet and Paul Tournier.
In 1991, Michel Gampert, a former lawyer and great-grandson of the founder, took over the firm with Françoise Demierre Morand. In 2019, they partnered with Alexander Moreno. In September 2019, Michel Gampert retired as notary but retained his position as a consultant. In 2020 he has been appointed as an honorary notary by the Geneva Chamber of Notaries.